Welcome to the 2019-20 School Year!
Distance Learning has begun at Davenport Ridge! Our staff has worked hard to develop “At Home Learning Plans” for all students. Students are expected to complete assignments from home while school buildings are closed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Please refer to the information below to assist students with at home learning:
At Home Learning Plans:
- All Grade Levels have communicated their learning plans with families. Teachers will check in daily with each student either on Google Classroom or by email. All students must check in. Please check your emails to stay informed!
- Google Classroom login information for Art, Physical Education and Art can be found on the Davenport Website. Look for “Join the Specialist’s Google Classroom.”
- All staff is available to answer questions remotely during school hours.
- Chrome Books have been provided to students in need in grades 3 – 5.
- I-Pads are available to be picked up at Davenport for students in K – 2 who are in need.
- Please refer to our website for additional information and resources. (https://www.stamfordpublicschools.org/davenport-ridge-elementary-school)
Below are the login passwords for Specials on Google Classroom:
If you have any questions about your child's login information or assignments, please reach out to their classroom teacher.
Grab-and-Go Meal Locations Updated
Stamford Public Schools is providing free Grab-and-Go meals from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., at the following school and community sites beginning. Please note: The number of locations has been reduced, please check the list. Anyone age 18 or under can obtain meals at any of the following locations:
Davenport Ridge, 1300 Newfield Ave.
Hart Magnet, 61 Adams Ave.
Julia A. Stark, 398 Glenbrook Rd.
K.T. Murphy, 19 Horton St.
Newfield, 345 Pepper Ridge Rd
Northeast, 82 Scofieldtown Rd.
Rogers International School, 202 Blachley Rd.
Roxbury, 751 West Hill Rd.
Springdale, 1127 Hope St.
Stillmeadow, 800 Stillwater Rd.
Strawberry Hill, an extension of Rogers International School, 200 Strawberry Hill Ave.
Westover Magnet @ 1 Elmcroft Road
Cloonan, 11 West North St.(after March 27, this location will no longer be serving meals, Hart Elementary is nearest alternate location)
Dolan, 51 Toms Rd.
Rippowam, 381High Ridge Rd.
Stamford, 55 Strawberry Hill Ave (after March 27, this location will no longer be serving meals, Strawberry Hill is nearest alternate location)
Community-Based Organizations and Programs
Anchor at Harbor Landing @ 68 Southfield Avenue
Yerwood Center, 90 Fairfield Ave.
Chester Addison Center, 245 Selleck St.
Trailblazer (Domus), 83 Lockwood Ave.
Building 1 Community, 75 Selleck St.
Faith Tabernacle Church, 29 Grove St.
Important Upcoming Changes
Starting Monday, March 30, SPS will transition to a 3-days a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) schedule, distributing multiple meals each day:
Monday (two breakfast and two lunch meals per student)
Wednesday (two breakfast and two lunch meals per student)
Friday (three breakfast and three lunch meals per student)
As of March 30, Stamford High School and Cloonan Middle School locations will no longer be serving meals.
We are asking all families to create an account that will give them access to this site. Please click on the Log In option and then New User to create your account. This will also allow you to input information in a school wide directory that gives you the choice of what information you wish to share.
- Step one: Create a login and register on the site by clicking the Register/Login button above. Each year you are required to re-register on the site.
- Step two: Download the Membership Toolkit app where you can access all emails and newsletters that are sent out.
- Step three: Follow us on Facebook (Davenport Ridge PTO) and Instagram (@Davenportpto) for updates and an inside look at what is going on at the school
Get Involved! There are many ways to get involved at Davenport and we are actively looking for any parent or grandparent who has special skills or talents they want to share with the school. Email us at davenportridgepto@gmail if you have any ideas!
- Check out our volunteer page on the website to sign up for various opportunities.
- Check your mail for the Annual Appeal letter or donate here. The Annual Appeal is a way to help offset the costs that the PTO covers for the year and allows us to limit the amount of fundraising events and concentrate more on family fun.
Sign up at any of the sites below and a portion of your purchases will be donated to Davenport.
- Amazon Smile: www.smile.amazon.com
- Stop & Shop: Stopandshop.com
- Field Goods Farm Share: field-goods.com
- Shoparoo: https://shoparoo.com/
Recycle your textiles! Drop old, stained, ripped or worn clothing in the Textile Recycling bins in the front circle. Not only are you keeping these items out of the landfill but each time we reach a specific tonnage, Davenport receives money for the school.